In the thirteenth annual White Night celebration, the Delegation of the European Union to the State of Israel and EU Member State embassies in Israel joined forces with the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality to produce ‘White Night Europa’, a celebration of European culture and European–Israeli collaboration.
Tel Aviv-Yafo offers a warm home to many cultural institutions, as well as artists and creators, who are nurtured by the city and keep its pulse going. The city is the source of inspiration for abundant and diverse cultural undertakings, and is open to any display of original thinking.
Five events took place under the ‘White Night Europa’ banner on 25 June:
• Delishow, at Rothschild 1 Plaza – a fashion and culinary mash-up in which Israeli and European chefs and designers from eight EU member states (France, Belgium, Austria, Portugal, Lithuania, Greece, Romania and Czech Republic) prepared jointly created dishes and put on a fashion show of items designed especially for the event
• Touch Me Baby! at the Jaffa Port – an exhibition of video art with the participation of Israeli and European students of the Video and New Media Studies, Screen-Based Arts Department, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem
• A Really Quiet Headphones Party at Rabin Square. Based on smartphones and Radio 102 FM’s smartphone app and featuring top DJs from Belgium and the Netherlands.
• The Execution of Clown X took place at Bialik Square: A rabble-rousing wild and urban theater-circus show from Reaction Circus together with circus performers from Germany and France.
• Italian Jazz on the Boulevard, at 17 Ben Gurion Boulevard.
White Night Europa 2015 was a huge success. Tens of thousands of visitors came to experience the Nonstop City, resulting in a surge of participants in the citywide cultural festivities.