Any challenge to the morality of the IDF is outrageous and unacceptable. The soldiers of the IDF maintain high ethical values while courageously fighting against bloodthirsty murderers under difficult operational conditions.
(Communicated by the Prime Minister’s Media Advisor)
At the weekly Cabinet meeting, today (Sunday, 27 March 2016):
1. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made the following remarks:
"I would like to send condolences to the family of Brig.-Gen. Munir Amar who died in a regrettable airplane crash in the Galilee. Munir was an outstanding fighter and commander. He excelled in all his posts, including his most recent one as head of the Civil Administration. He was imbued with a sense of mission to defend the State of Israel, his state, the state of all of us.
Any challenge to the morality of the IDF is outrageous and unacceptable. The soldiers of the IDF, our children, maintain high ethical values while courageously fighting against bloodthirsty murderers under difficult operational conditions. I am certain that in all cases, as in the current one, the inquiry takes into account all conditions. We must all support the IDF Chief-of-Staff, the IDF and our soldiers, who safeguard our security."
2. Pursuant to its authority under Article 113D of the 1977 Penal Code, the Cabinet decided to declare that all information regarding the Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Co. Ltd. or Trans Asiatic Oil, Ltd. or Eilat Corporations SA, including the identity of their shareholders, petroleum dealings, value or the way in which they are managed, but not including information dealing exclusively with the environment, planning and construction, business licenses and Eilat Ashkelon Infrastructure Services Ltd., is recognized as secret according to the aforesaid law and provided that the Finance Minister or his agent have not authorized its publication.
3. The Cabinet discussed and approved draft amendments to the 2016 Youth Law (Judgement, Punishment and Methods of Treatment).
4. The Cabinet discussed and approved draft amendments to 2016 legislation regarding the appointment of a Public Complaints Commissioner for those representing the state in legal proceedings.
5. The Cabinet discussed and approved draft amendments to the 2016 Prohibition of Genetic Intervention Law (Human Cloning and Gamete Genetic Modification Law.
6. The Cabinet amended the 2015-2016 plan to strengthen civilian resilience in Sderot and the other communities in the area adjacent to the Gaza Strip.