Sewage sludge that flowed into Patish Stream region Photo: Dan Ish Shalom
Sewage sludge near Patish Stream Photo: Dan Ish Shalom
The problem began on April 18, 2016, when one of the digestion facilities collapsed. The sludge that leaked out was sanitary sludge.
The MoEP has ordered the Mey-Sheva water corporation to:
- Immediately close all channels from which sewage can flow;
- Cover all the sludge with sand within 24 hours;
- Remove all the sludge within 5 days;
- Submit an investigation report about the incident within 48 hours; and
- Treat the odor and other environmental hazards.