IDF officials in Bethlehem are preparing for the many tourists are expected to visit the city. Today visited the mtep with heads of churches
תאריך: 19/12/2012, 23:00
מחבר: מערכת אתר צה”ל
The IDF unit and coordinator of government activities in the territories (mtep) developed in preparations for Christmas holiday and declare trust-building measures against Palestinian Christian population in Judea and Samaria and the Gaza Strip to allow religious freedom and existence of the holiday. For each entered today into force special concessions to the Palestinians and will apply until the end of the holiday on 20 January.
Today (Wed), visited Coordinator of government activities in the territories, Maj. Gen. Eitan dangot opposed allowing, and head of the civil administration, Colonel Moti master, the churches these comments, welcome to holiday and reviewed them the scheduling and preparations were made for the expected religious ceremonies during the holiday.
In addition, meetings between representatives were in Bethlehem and Bethlehem Municipality officials, Palestinian security officials, representatives of international organizations and leaders in Bethlehem in order to co-ordinate the ceremonies according to the status quo. In this context, work
IDF forces, Israel Police and civil administration Bethlehem crossings to allow smooth and speedy entry into town during the holidays, including the pilgrims are expected to visit the region.
The following rules which take effect from today (Wednesday) and will apply until Sunday 20 January 2013:
• Issuing up to 20,000 entry permits to Israel for Christian Palestinians from Judea and Samaria during the holidays. The permits are subject to security diagnostic feature is limited and not marital status or age.
• Issuing 200 permits from Israel via Ben Gurion airport for Palestinians from Judea and Samaria, subject to evaluation.
• Issued 300 permits in Judea and Samaria for Palestinians who are not residents of Judea and Samaria, on the request of the Palestinian Authority.
• Hiking permit in Israel for Palestinians from Judea and Samaria during the holiday, with the Defense Ministry and Israel Police.
• Approving the entry of 500 Palestinians from the Gaza Strip into Israel and Judea and Samaria residents under the age of 16 and 35, in the absence of security reasons for visits and participation in religious ceremonies.
Translated from Hebrew